A physician who completes a specific rigorous certification process and passes a board examination are designated as Diplomates of the American Board of Obesity Medicine. It distinguishes a physician as having achieved a higher level of understanding in obesity care by completing specialized education. There is currently only one obesity medicine certified physician for every 100,000 patients.
- Our program is led by an on-site physician who is a diplomate of the American Board of Obesity Medicine.
- We have individually customized plans to fit everyone’s needs and lifestyle. We don’t use the “one size fits all” approach.
- We use specific medical meal plans that can only be done under the care of a physician.
- Once you reach your weight loss goal, we will stay with you to help you maintain the weight that you worked so hard to lose.
Your safety is our number one priority. Our entire program is evidence based – our recommendations and guidelines are based on scientific research. This ensures that your treatment is both safe and effective. We stay away from “gimmicks” and “fad diets” which have no medical evidence behind them.
The speed and amount of weight loss is based on each patient’s needs. We offer four different weight loss plans which result in rapid, moderate, or gradual weight loss – all in a safe manner. Once you reach your goal, we will stay with you to keep the weight off.
- Studies show that use of medical meals lead to weight loss in a very safe manner when done under physician supervision. Patients who use medical meals for weight loss have far greater success – much better than any other treatment modality.
- Medical meals are also highly beneficial in the weight maintenance phase to help you keep the weight off.
Average of 3-5 pounds per week weight loss is considered rapid. When done under physician supervision, rapid weight loss is absolutely safe. There are many instances when rapid weight loss is needed. It can be an effective short-term jumpstart to your weight loss journey.
We want to make your weight loss journey as easy as possible. With use of our medical meal replacements, you may notice some hunger in the first few days. But, as your body adapts to the diet, you will find that hunger subsides. A large part of this is due the excellent quality and amount of protein found in our medical meal products.
Over the counter meal replacement products often lack the complete nutrition that is found in our medical meals.. Our products also have a high quality protein which keeps you feeling full longer.
- We at Premiere Physicians Weight & Wellness Center recognize that excess weight is at epidemic levels. It is the cause of numerous ailments. We believe that every patient should have access to all the available treatment options for weight loss. We have very cost effective plans to fit any budget.
- Physician and dietitian visits are submitted to your insurance company. Medical meals are often covered by HSA and FSA plans – please check with your plan. We also offer Care Credit as a payment option.
No worries. There are some patients who choose not to incorporate medical meals into their weight loss plan. We will work with you to design a customized dietary plan using traditional foods.
Dr. Patel can prescribe FDA approved weight loss medications if needed. These medications are evidence based and have undergone numerous studies in safety and efficacy. Weight loss medications will be prescribed based on the individual needs. We can check your insurance benefits to determine coverage for these medications.
We recognize that weight regain is a challenge that all weight loss patients face. We do not stop seeing you when you reach your goal. Our medical team will continue to work with you via dietary, exercise, and other lifestyle modifications to make sure that you will keep the weight off!
Most major insurance plans cover physician as well as dietary counselling visits. Metabolic testing is also covered by major insurance plans.
Yes, HSA and FSA typically cover our program, including medical meals. Please confirm with your insurance company. We can provide you with a letter of medical necessity for medical meals if your insurance company requests.
Yes, Dr. Patel is board certified to see both adult and pediatric patients for weight loss.